Thursday, July 26, 2007

Uh-Oh!

Rob Lee took the lead from me today. I just could not make a putt. He's got a 3-stroke lead and I am still 1 stroke ahead of Pete May. We play Dretzka Original and New tomorrow. I sure hope I can get my putting on!

Sheila played really well today. She got a 4 on the longest hole at Brown Deer, and in front of a huge gallery (Hole 7). I got a 5 on it, after approaching short. She's well within striking distance to make the cut for the final 9 holes in Masters Women.

From Sheila:
I much prefer courses like Brown Deer over the others here because my strengths are in play. I don't have much of an arm (lucky to throw 2oo ft), but I play better on technical courses. Lesli Younger and Babette Martin were on my card and I truly enjoyed playing with them. Babette had some awesome drives but unfortunately missed a couple of putts for pars. Lesli, who is used to playing on Washington state courses with wooded fairways, managed to hit more than her share of trees off the tee. Thumbs up to my fellow Michiganian Lisa Harbour for shooting the hot round at 69. I shot a 70 and feel pretty good about that. Hole 7: took three hard drives to get it 2/3 up the hill still about 175 ft short of the basket and a little left. Trees on the right and some rough on the left inside a fence. As a forehander, it was a tough shot to try to get my throw to go out left and come back to the basket for a good chance at a putt. I made a last second disc chance and put my Z-Storm right into the basket with a gallery at the check-in station all cheering. What fun! Babette's caddy, who doesn't play dg and is from the South said, "This is what I drove 11 hours to see."

No comments: